- Activists claim 1,300 killed in government rocket strike on residential area
- If true, it would represent the worst known use of chemical weapons since Saddam Hussein gassed thousands of Kurds in the town of Halabja in 1988
- Chemical warheads hit suburbs of Ain Tarma, Zamalka and Jobar
- They hit just before dawn as families lay sleeping
- A UN team is in Syria to probe chemical weapons use by President Assad
- Many countries have called for an immediate investigation
- French Foreign Minister has called the attack an ‘unprecedented atrocity’
- William Hague said hopes attack will ‘wake up some’ who support Assad
- Claims come as refugees flood into Iraqi Kurdistan
- The accounts could not be verified independently and were denied by Syrian state television, which said they were disseminated deliberately to distract a team of United Nations chemical weapons experts that arrived three days ago.
Syria’s Information Minister called the activists’ claim a ‘disillusioned and fabricated one whose objective is to deviate and mislead’ the UN mission.
Al Jazeera’s Nisreen El-Shamayleh, reporting from neighbouring Jordan, said there were videos allegedly showing both children and adults in field hospitals, some of them suffocating, coughing and sweating.
Article Credit: dailymail.co.uk
WARNING!!! GRAPHIC IMAGES of the Syrian Genocide Gas Attack as 1,300 people including hundreds of women and children are wiped out in nerve gas attack
August 21, 2013 By Leave a Comment